By Jonathan Snook, Stuart Langridge, Aaron Gustafson, Dan Webb
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * the place CSS, HTML, and the DOM healthy into smooth scripting, and the way to take advantage of them jointly successfully
* find out how to construct potent shape validation into your functions utilizing Ajax
* how you can create mashups utilizing APIs
* easy methods to construct dynamic consumer interfaces
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
* Object-Oriented Programming
* Ajax and knowledge alternate
* visible results
* Case examine: FAQ Facelift
* A Dynamic support procedure
Read Online or Download Accelerated DOM Scripting with Ajax, APIs, and Libraries PDF
Best web development books
Web website layout and improvement keeps to develop into extra subtle. a tremendous a part of this adulthood originates with well-laid-out and well-written content material. Ginny Redish is a world-renowned professional on info layout and the way to provide transparent writing in undeniable language for the internet. the entire helpful details that she shared within the first version is integrated with various new examples. New info on content material technique for websites, search engine optimisation (SEO), and social media make this once more the single ebook you must personal to optimize your writing for the web.
* New fabric on content material technique, website positioning, and social media
* plenty of new and up to date examples
* extra emphasis on new like drugs, iPads, and iPhones
Learn to make useful, distinct, real-world websites that span quite a few industries and applied sciences with the world's hottest cellular improvement library .
• Write much less, do extra: discover ways to follow the jQuery motto to fast craft artistic websites that paintings on any telephone or even not-so-smart phones.
• discover ways to leverage HTML5 audio and video, geolocation, Twitter, Flickr, blogs, Reddit, Google maps, content material administration process, and masses more.
• All examples are both in use within the genuine global or have been used as examples to win enterprise throughout a number of industries.
Creating cellular Apps with jQuery cellular displays the author’s years of expertise and exposes each hidden mystery in order to ease your cellular app improvement. With only a smattering of layout and consumer adventure thrown in, dealing with this booklet will let you optimistically say, “yes, i will do this. ”
We’ll start with powerful cellular prototyping after which circulation on to the center of what each of your cellular websites will want. Then, we’ll circulation directly to the partiality stuff.
Creating cellular Apps with jQuery cellular will take your simple cellular wisdom and assist you make flexible, precise websites speedy and easily.
What you'll research from this book
• examine the paintings of prototyping jQuery cellular as either layout and revenues tactics;
• Get tips about making jQuery cellular implementations glance extra unique;
• combine with Google’s Analytics, Maps, and Feeds APIs;
• Leverage HTML5 video and audio together with a jQuery cellular participant interface;
• Leverage client-side templating to render API effects from Twitter, Reddit, Flickr, and more;
• payment and display screen the user’s place with Geolocation;
• vehicle validate your cellular varieties with jQuery Validate on either page-by-page and multi-page views;
• Use jQuery cellular to create a whole responsive website design for photographers utilizing Photoswipe.
With plentiful coded examples and screenshots, the publication involves 10 assorted initiatives that can assist you grasp jQuery cellular.
Who this publication is written for
Creating cellular Apps with jQuery cellular assumes a base point wisdom of net improvement. If you’ve used jQuery cellular sooner than, you’re gold. differently, you could decide it up alongside the way in which.
This booklet will make your cash. it's going to train you ways to construct your web site in any such method that it converts viewers into leads or buyers.
Building web content that promote isn't an paintings; it's a technology. It's no longer approximately intestine emotions and private personal tastes - not anything to do with bells and whistles. you'll the right way to optimize your web site for revenues, in accordance with the entire most sensible learn and experiments.
You commence via defining a company goal to your web site. What follows is cautious making plans concerning the way to layout the web site in any such method that it produces greatest effects. every thing you want to improve revenues you are going to examine from this ebook - full of straight-to-the-point suggestion and many examples. every little thing during this e-book is predicated on in-depth wisdom and clinical research.
Why if you care approximately conversion optimization (the technology of turning extra viewers into dealers) within the first place?
It is the most cost effective, fastest option to raise revenues on-line. take into consideration this: if you’re at present changing at 1% (1% of your viewers purchase your stuff), yet can raise that to an insignificant 2%, you’ve doubled your sales.
This e-book may also help you do higher, smarter advertising and marketing. It's a must-read for somebody that wishes to get extra company from their web site.
Construction an internet shop is frequently thought of to be a tricky, complicated job. utilizing the mix of WordPress and the WooCommerce plugin, this can be not the case. WooCommerce is the most well-liked e-commerce platform for WordPress and is being quickly constructed by means of WooThemes. It presents a powerful e-commerce technique to arrange your individual on-line shop in precisely a few hours.
- High Performance Responsive Design: Building Faster Sites Across Devices
- # SOCIALMEDIA NONPROFIT tweet Book01: 140 Bite-Sized Ideas for Nonprofit Social Media Engagement
- Xcode 4 Cookbook
- Foundation XML and E4X for Flash and Flex
- Responsive Web Design by Example
- Salesforce CRM Admin Cookbook
Extra resources for Accelerated DOM Scripting with Ajax, APIs, and Libraries
You haven’t taken advantage of the innate power of HTML.
You accomplished two goals by using semantic HTML: • You added meaning to the document that the browser understands. From an accessibility point of view, it also makes the document easier to understand for people who use screen readers or might have the styles disabled. • You used less HTML, and brevity is good. The fewer bytes you have to send back and forth between the server and the client is a Good Thing™. Ajax has become popular in part because it gives you the ability to send less information (see Chapter 5).
Div> Look at that—the code now has meaning, doesn’t it? It does, but it’s terribly inefficient. You haven’t taken advantage of the innate power of HTML.
You accomplished two goals by using semantic HTML: • You added meaning to the document that the browser understands. From an accessibility point of view, it also makes the document easier to understand for people who use screen readers or might have the styles disabled. • You used less HTML, and brevity is good. The fewer bytes you have to send back and forth between the server and the client is a Good Thing™.
It also means that you can attach new properties and methods to the prototype and they’ll become available for all objects, even ones that were already cloned. This is done by using the prototype property of an object. othervalue); // shows "6" As you can see, I attached the new property to the prototype of my original object foo, but it is also available under my existing object bar. ) Passing by Value or by Reference There are two ways in which values are passed into a function: by value or by reference.